HOW TO SET UP YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT
USAO is now on Office 365. Follow the steps below to set up and access your email.
Please note your access will be granted to OneLogin once you have been accepted to USAO.
- Go to http://usao.onelogin.com
- Enter your USAO email address and your initial USAO OneLogin password and click log in.
- Read and agree to the acceptable use policy. The "I Agree" button will only allow you to click on it once you've scrolled down through the entire policy.
- In the "current password" field, enter the "Usao.Edu@...." initial password that you just used to log in. Create a new complex password (see below for details about this).
- Set your account security questions and answer them.
If successful, you will be returned back to the OneLogin login screen. You don't need to re-login, but you can just to verify that your credentials are working properly.
Unsure about your username and password?
- Username: Your USAO email address
- Initial/temporary password: Usao.Edu@ (case-sensitive) followed by your birthdate (8-digit, in the MMDDYYYY format)
For example, if you were born on December 03, 2017, then your initial USAO OneLogin password would be: Usao.Edu@12032017
Once you are logged in, you'll need to update your password. It may take up to an hour for the change to sync across all systems.
- Be at least twelve characters in length
- Be updated at least once a year
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase letters (A through Z)
- Lowercase letters (a through z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Special characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Not contain your username
- Not contain more than two consecutive letters from your full name
- Not be a previously-used password
Access your email at http://outlook.office.com/.
If you have trouble, email email@example.com or call 405-574-1234.